- This event has passed.
Online Satsang with Jeffrey Carr
September 16 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Jeffrey Carr, Senior AMS Teacher
Gururaj Ananda Yogi
Satsang & Reading from
‘The Smile of Krishna’
Monday, September 16th, 2019
8 – 9 pm East Coast Time
7 – 8 pm Midwest Time
5 – 6 pm West Coast Time
ZOOM MEETING ID: 152 161 228
Excerpt from ‘The Smile of Krishna’
Gururaj Ananda Yogi:
The smile of Krishna is rather more a theme for poetry than the subject for a talk. The smile of Krishna is the smile that smiles through the entire universe, because his smile is the creation of the universe. Because Krishna or Christ smiles, this universe, as we know it, is created. Now, to me, Christ or Krishna or Buddha means the same: I’m more interested in Krishna consciousness or Christ consciousness. And that very consciousness is a smile. For consciousness, with its cognition of the universe, cannot but help to smile. It’s a pity we haven’t got Jesus’ picture here. All the pictures you have seen of Jesus are all totally false, just artist’s impressions. When I was a young lad I had visions of him, and I used to see him totally clearly. And he never had that sad face with all the tears running down his cheeks. He was a cheerful person; therefore, he taught: be of good cheer. If he was crying all the time, like the pictures depict him, he would not have taught ‘be of good cheer’. So that is the Christ smile. That is the Krishna smile: to be of good cheer.
And everything is cheerful if you know how to recognize the cheer. Cheer, or the smile, becomes distorted because of your mind. Your mind is that which distorts cheerfulness into cheerlessness. So, if you look around you, everything is smiling all the time. The flowers are smiling, the plants are smiling, this thing is smiling: everything just smiles. But that recognition of the smile of Krishna, or the smile of life, must come from you. You have to recognize it in order to know it. Have you really seen Krishna’s smile? Of course you have. Every time I smile at you that’s Krishna’s smile, because I do not find any difference between his consciousness apart from mine. It’s just one consciousness. And I am smiling through his smile, and he smiles through my smile. And yet, if you should watch the smile carefully, you would feel it bubbling over. For I never smile with my lips, I just pull them. I smile with my eyes- and there lies the beauty of a smile; not the pulling of the lips or whichever way. With every time the lips are formed into a smile, your eyes must sparkle with the radiance. Then only is it a smile.
HOW TO JOIN ONLINE
We use the online conference program called Zoom. If you don’t have it, it’s easy to use and free. Go to: https://zoom.us/download
and download the option: “Zoom Client for meetings Version 3.5.53922.0620” (or newer version)
Then open your Zoom application and enter your passwords and click on “join a meeting” and type the
Meeting ID: 152-161-228
We will start the Zoom sessions 10 minutes before the start time so you can log on and be ready to go.
- You should come in muted as to not disturb the meeting. If not please click on the microphone icon on the bottom left to mute your mic. When muted it will have a red line through it. (Especially important if you join before the Host does.)
- To speak, just click on the mic icon again to activate your mic.
- If you prefer to not be seen, you can also click the video icon next to the mic icon on the bottom and disable your camera.
- To ensure optimum sound, close all other programs and internet on your computer once you’re in Zoom. Double check that your computer’s volume register is turned all the way up (for most computers), and same with the volume on the zoom screen.
- If your internet connection is weak or variable and you can hook up to the router directly with an Ethernet cable; that would give you the best possible signal.
- Headphones tend to provide better sound also and we get less feedback so if you have them please use them.
- We can only have 25 logins at once and after that is reached you will be notified that the meeting is full.